Did you miss our “Digital law review publishing tools and tips” webinar? You can still watch it on-demand here. Read on for the full details!
Many incoming law review editors begin their tenure with aspirations to improve their journal’s online discoverability and browsing experience to reach more readers and have broader impacts within the legal field. But with often limited technical resources and fleeting time between board transitions, trying to figure out where and how to go about making updates can be a major challenge.
What aspects of online publishing should all law reviews be prioritizing? And how can editors ensure any improvements they embark on will be feasible for them to complete or hand off to the next board?
During the recent “Digital law review publishing tools and tips: Scholastica overview“ webinar, we explored these questions walking through Scholastica’s online publishing solutions, as well as key steps law reviews can take to optimize their digital presence. You can register to watch the full webinar on demand here.
At Scholastica, we understand the time and resource constraints many journals face when trying to update their websites and publish more digitally-optimized content. That’s why we’re developing tools and resources to make online publishing easier and help editors understand the core aspects of article discovery and digital reading they should be focusing on.
The “Digital law review publishing tools and tips” webinar takes a deep dive into these areas, starting with a walkthrough of Scholastica’s journal hosting platform, as well as an introduction to our PDF and HTML article production and proofing service. We break down the core digital publishing areas Scholastica is helping journals with and why including:
- Making it easier for editors to set up modern publication websites they can edit themselves without the need for advanced technical knowledge or a web developer
- Ensuring journal websites are mobile-friendly and producing responsive HTML articles to help journals improve their online discoverability and support the needs of increasingly digital-first readers
- Producing core article-level metadata necessary for indexing by online browsers and scholarly search engines like Google and Google Scholar
- Providing a suite of readership analytics journals can use to see how their articles are being read, downloaded, and shared online
The webinar then digs into actionable steps that law review editors can take to iteratively improve their journal’s online presence and set their next e-board up for success, no matter their publishing process. Learn more about:
- Key ways you can improve your law review’s website navigation and article organization to help digital readers and search engines crawlers explore it more easily
- How to check if your journal website is mobile-friendly and why it matters for search engine optimization
- The primary article file types needed for human and machine readers and the role of article-level metadata in online indexing and search
- How you can pair online article optimization steps with regular promotion to reach more authors and readers
The webinar is designed to help e-boards develop effective digital law review publishing strategies and learn ways Scholastica may be able to support their current and future publishing goals.
The “Digital law review publishing tools and tips: Scholastica overview” webinar is now available to watch on demand here. We hope this webinar will be of help as you work to improve your law review’s online presence! And we look forward to supporting you and your e-board throughout the upcoming article submission cycle.
In addition to this webinar, we encourage you to check out the many other digital publishing guides available on the Scholastica blog. And if you’re still getting acquainted with your Scholastica account for article selection, be sure to also check out the Law Editor Learning Center — your one-stop-shop for Scholastica training videos and FAQs).
As always, if you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We’re here to help!